Quantitative Market Researcher
Ravel, a growing full-service market research company, seeks an energetic, creative, resourceful and passionate quantitative researcher.
Ravel is all about Fresh Thinking. We look for colleagues who want to try new things, who are experienced and wise enough to know when to take a risk, and importantly – who are fun to work with.
Ravel is a Results-Only Work Environment
ROWE is a work environment in which employees create personal goals that will help foster growth of themselves and the company. They make a commitment to specific outcomes and are responsible for achieving them. When, where, and how they do it is up to them.
Our headquarters is in St. Joseph, MI. But we have full-time employees from all over the country, including CA, IL, MN, NY and FL. Those who are not located in St. Joseph work from their homes, or from an office of their choosing. All employees leverage technology to collaborate and communicate with each other, whether working in our St. Joseph office, or from another location.
For this particular position we are looking for someone near the Minneapolis / Saint Paul metropolitan area.
The Quantitative Market Researcher works closely with the Quantitative Research Manager and project team to execute quantitative market research studies to uncover key insights for external clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Determine appropriate research design and methodology for projects
- Solicit bids from potential vendors on various projects
- Draft research proposals/plans
- Design research questionnaires
- Program research questionnaires using online survey tools
- Manage and monitor vendor fieldwork to ensure quality and timely data
- Conduct data analysis using statistical software (e.g. SPSS, Wincross)
- Prepare reports containing compelling insights, detailed findings, and business recommendations
- Present research findings to clients
Reporting Relationships and Key Interactions
Reports to: Quantitative Research Manager
Direct Reports: none
Key Interactions: Researchers, Project Coordinators, Clients
Location: Remote work environment, in Minneapolis/Saint Paul area
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- High level of comfort in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to draw connections across data and observations
- Ability to tell stories from research findings
- Well-developed written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and excellent project management skills
- Self-motivated, displays a sense of urgency in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
Desired Education / Experience
- BS/BA in a social science (e.g., sociology, psychology), economics, marketing, business, mathematics or statistics.
- 2 years of experience in market research, human dimensions, data analysis, or similar
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products; advanced skills in Excel
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. SPSS, Wincross)
- Experience with online survey tools (e.g. Confirmit, Qualtrics)
Andrea Date, Quantitative Research Manager