Quantitative Researcher Manager
Ravel, a growing full-service market research company, seeks an energetic, creative, resourceful and passionate quantitative researcher.
Ravel is all about Fresh Thinking. We look for colleagues who want to try new things, who are experienced and wise enough to know when to take a risk, and importantly – who are fun to work with.
Ravel is a Results-Only Work Environment
A ROWE is a work environment in which employees create personal goals that will help foster growth of themselves and the company. They make a commitment to specific outcomes and are responsible for achieving them. When, where, and how they do it is up to them.
Our headquarters is in Minneapolis, MN, but we have full-time employees from all over the country, including CA, IL, MN, NY and FL. Those who are not located in Minneapolis work from their homes, or from an office of their choosing. All employees leverage technology to collaborate and communicate with each other, whether working in our Minneapolis office, or from another location.
Quantitative Researcher Managers at Ravel are actively engaged in all phases of client projects, including proposing, planning, executing, analyzing, and reporting. A position as Quantitative Researcher Manager offers the opportunity to be a key player on a team of highly motivated and experienced quantitative researchers. Our employees are stimulated and challenged by colleagues and clients, and encouraged to apply original thinking to create successes. The position offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as the key contact for clients on your projects
- Determine appropriate research design and methodology for projects and write fresh, inspiring proposals that stand out among our competition
- Solicit bids from potential vendors on various projects
- Design research questionnaires
- Program research questionnaires using online survey tools
- Manage and monitor vendor fieldwork to ensure quality and timely data
- Conduct data analysis using statistical software (e.g. SPSS, WinCross)
- Prepare reports containing compelling insights, detailed findings, and business recommendations
- Present research findings to clients
Reporting Relationships and Key Interactions
Reports to: Quantitative Research Director
Direct Reports: None
Key Interactions: Other Researcher Managers, Project Coordinators, Clients
Location: In the Minneapolis office, with a Results-Only Work Environment, that enables employees to work where they choose.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
This position requires at least three years of relevant work experience and a broad knowledge base of research methodologies such as concept testing, brand positioning, product testing, and brand tracking. You must have a thorough understanding of research design, sampling, execution and analysis in the service of client business objectives.
- High level of comfort in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to draw connections across data and observations
- Ability to tell stories from research findings
- Well-developed written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and excellent project management skills
- Self-motivated, displays a sense of urgency in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
Desired Education / Experience
- At least a BS/BA in a social science (e.g., sociology, psychology), economics, business, or statistics.
- 3-5 years of substantial and relevant work experience, preferably within a market research/insights position.
- Knowledge of quantitative research methodologies and statistical analyses.
- Deep understanding of data analysis and how to turn data into insights.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. SPSS, WinCross)
- Experience with online survey tools (e.g. Confirmit, Qualtrics)
Andy Kiel, Quantitative Research Director